Dr. Samuel Osei Asante
Dr. Osei-Asante obtained a Bachelor of Pharmacy and a Master of Science in Pharmaceutical Analysis and Quality Control from the Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology, Kumasi and a PhD in Pharmaceutical Sciences from Nagasaki University, Japan.
His research interests are in, investigation of the scientific basis for the use of some medicinal plants in treatment of diseases; isolation and characterization of active drug components in medicinal plants using mass spectroscopy (MS), nuclear magnetic resonance (NMR) and high performance liquid chromatography (HPLC). In addition, he conducts research into the potential use of medicinal plants as anti-quorum sensing and/or anti-biofilm agents in the fight against resistant strains of micro-organisms
PhD (Pharmaceutical Sciences), Nagasaki University, Japan
M.Sc. (Pharmaceutical Analysis & Quality Control), Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology
B. Pharm. (Hons) Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology
Chemistry, Quality Control of Pharmaceuticals & Instrumentation Techniques
- Samuel Osei-Asante, Mamoru Haratake, Morio Nakayama (2009) Preparation of Ionic Polymer Bead Supported Lipid System Using Naturally Occurring Phospholipids. The Second Asian Symposium onPharmaceutical Sciences in Nagasaki , March 16 (Mon.)-18(Wed.), 2009
- Samuel Osei-Asante, M. Haratake, and M. Nakayama (2009), “Preparation of Ionic Polymer Bead-supported Lipid System using Naturally occuring phospholipids 129th Annual General Meeting of The Pharmaceutical Society of Japan, March 26 -28, 2009
- M. Haratake, E. Takahira, S. Yoshida, S. Osei-Asante, T. Fuchigami, and M. Nakayama, “Improved membrane fluidity of ionic polysaccharide bead-supported phospholipid bilayer membrane systems.,” Colloids Surf. B. Biointerfaces, vol. 107, pp. 90–6, Jul. 2013.
- A. Ugboduma, F. Adu, C. Agyare, K. Annan, and S. Osei-Asante, “Phytochemical Screening and Antimicrobial Activity of Entandrophragma angolense,” J. Pharm. Nutr. Sci., vol. 3, pp. 241–249, 2013.
- M. Haratake, S. Osei-Asante, T. Fuchigami, and M. Nakayama, “Fluorescence microscopic characterization of ionic polymer bead-supported phospholipid bilayer membrane systems.,” Colloids Surf. B. Biointerfaces, vol. 100, pp. 190–6, Dec. 2012.
- S. Osei-Asante, M. Haratake, T. Fuchigami, and M. Nakayama, “An Ionic Polymer Bead-supported Lipid System Using Naturally Occurring Phospholipids,” J. Bioact. Compat. Polym., vol. 25, no. 5, pp. 455–464, May 2010.
- S. Osei-Asante, M. Haratake, T. Fuchigami, and M. Nakayama, “One-step direct reconstitution of biomembranes onto cationic organic polymer bead supports.,” J. Colloid Interface Sci., vol. 351, no. 1, pp. 96–101, Nov. 2010.
- C. Agyare, A. Y. Mensah, and S. Osei-Asante, “Antimirobial Activity and Phytochemical Studies of some Medicinal Plants from Ghana,” Bol. Latinoam. y del Caribe Plantas Med. y Aromat., vol. 5, no. 6, pp. 113–117, 2006.